So today I decided to check up on my blog "The Urban Pioneers of Mellon Street." And I found I had 21 visitors today. This blog, which I do not keep up with as much any more has not had that many hits ever in one day and this day is not even half over.
I wonder why? Are the hackers looking around for some information?
So how are things on Mellon Street, especially in the lower numbered blocks of 900, 800, 700 and 600? Well...just a bit better. Not a whole lot better but a bit better. The thing that is helping is the resurgent of East Liberty, so the neighborhoods around it are benefiting. But the best thing is that after 7 years here, all around us houses are being rehabbed and there's more interest in buying and living in this corner of Highland Park. We are very happy for that and we hope the trend continues.
What is great about living in this area? I'll list them:
1. Easy walking to just about anywhere, even Whole Foods, Shady Side, Morning Side, Home Depot, Salt, Park Brugge, E2, Highland Park Market/Deli, in general any business on Bryant Street. And of course the best coffee shop in the world, Tazza D'Oro.
2. The reservoir and the park. What a great place to get your exercise and have fun. There's tennis courts, volleyball, a really big swimming pool, picnic areas, a pond and more!
3. The Pittsburgh Zoo, need I say more?
4. Friendly neighbors.
5. Having an urban garden plot.
6. It is city living!
What is not so great about living where we live in the lower quadrant of Highland Park.
1. Trashy neighbors/tenants---yeah ones who just lets their dogs poop anywhere and everywhere and never pick it up. Then it ferments and smells.
2. Drug dealing--- especially pot. It is no fun to watch the suburbanites come and get their weekend stash on Thursday and Friday afternoons.
3. Loud talking and partying even after curfew.
4. Trash blowing down from Sandy's Deli (one block up). And people just littering in general.
Monday, June 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment